Quick thought for the day …
Sometimes pain (physical pain, metabolic dysfunction or anxiety for the purposes of this post) can manifest simply because our fear responses are outweighing our joy responses!
I offer this:
Today or tomorrow or this week, instead of focusing on healing modalities for the suffering (drills or exercises or diets…) find just a few things that bring you SO MUCH JOY that you are infused with a sense of wellbeing, even for just a few moments each day.
1. Find something that makes you smile the second you think about it. (or find something that USED to make you that freaking happy)
2. Insert it into your day with purpose (this is a single-tasking event.)
3. Focus on the pure joy it brings you for at least 10 seconds after the experience has completed (the song ends, the hike is over, whatever.)
Repeat as often as possible!! I like to think of this as emotional aspirin… those few moments or hours of residual days of feeling like a brilliant, bright light.
I was sitting this morning, trying to put together a Facebook ad for a free coaching bundle (it’s below if you want to download!), and had to walk away because they’d changed the algorithms AGAIN and I started getting neck pain flares in conjunction with the chorus of voices in my head telling me that I’m stupid and shouldn’t even be trying to reach out via online mechanisms.
Instead of doing eye drills or meditation or trying to talk myself down…. I threw on The Best of George Harrison on my new turntable and threw myself a DANCE PARTY with my coffee mug. And you know what? The ad didn’t write itself and my neck is still kinda pissy but the voices STFU and I feel like a million dollars.
Things you can try!
- Find your favorite childhood activity and try it as an adult
- Download Spotify and make a playlist of songs that make you dance involuntarily (feel free to snag any of mine – my profile is linked!)
- Go play with the kittens up for adoption at a local rescue
… I’d love to hear your ideas
Go be Love in the World. It needs you.
(PS! Want to regulate your energy? glow a little brighter? love a little more freely? There’s a FREE Coaching Bundle on Self-Care available HERE!”